The Addams Family
by Acclaim Entertainment
Go ahead. Get a tail, ugly guy to play your harpsichord. Look like someone just died and snap your fingers twice. It's time to pay a call on The Addams Family on your Genesis from Flying Edge. You assume the role of the Addams Family patriarch, the intrepid Gomez Addams, in a mission to rescue Mortida Addams from the Underground Vaults of the Addams Family Mansion.
The game play is straight action with a comic bent. You'll find that the mansion rooms are big and fairly complex, with graphics and enemy antics that will appeal to a wide cross-section of gamers. Gomez's main means of attack/defense is to jump on his enemies' heads. He can throw golf balls, when you find them, and use other objects to run, fly, attack, etc.
You'll find these extra lives in the secret room near the chimney. Stock up before trying the levels within the house.
Platforms may materialize as you walk across.
Where there is a wall, there is a way.
Jump through the guillotine while it is rising, not once it has fallen.
Use the head of a Penguin to bounce high enough for a shield.
- Gomez is all heart, or actually two hearts to start the game. Each hit takes away one heart.
- Beating the end-of-level bad guys will give you an extra heart, up to a maximum of five.
- Going back through the same door does not always lead you back to the same place. This is especially true for Chimneys.
- The game is loaded with hidden rooms full of money and extra lives. This is a good game for searching out hidden things.
- If you lose all your lives and get to the Continue screen, walk all the way to the left, past the Continue door. You'll enter a secret room with four extra lives.
If you like The Addams Family, try other games: Addams Family Values.
2005-05-05 The Addams Family added.