Earthworm Jim Special Edition
a game by Interplay Entertainment
Who you calling a worm?
Run, don't crawl, to your local vendor of disk-based bait, 'cuz Earthworm Jim Special Edition is coming to your Sega CD from Interplay. Why would you want this dirt-eating, pink-sectioned, slime-ridden wearer of robonic suits in your Sega disc spinner? The answer is simple. This worm is bigger and better. You get another world, a new intro, redesigned levels, new bonus areas, more hidden stuff, a clamored - for password save, digital music from Tommy Tallarico, tons more voice, and a great new fully animated ending. And you wanted to know why. Shows how much you know about invertebrates. Ingrate. Who you callin' a worm, anyway?
Purley Annelidical Action
Those who've already played Sir Segmented's other game on the Genesis are going to be more than pleasantly surprised with this version. The developers rearranged the levels to give this one a fresh new feel. Things are no longer where you expect them to be. Each time you complete a level, you get a pass- word. The bonus levels add more challenges and goody collection to your annelid-based Action, and Big Bruty, the new world, lets you learn the dangers of teasing big beasties up close and personal. Can you say chomp?
This Ain't bait and switch, Bubba
It's for games like this that you purchased your Sega CD. From the terrific 9 penciled animation intro to the ending dedicated to one of the greatest cartoonists of all time, Earthworm Jim Special edition reeks of quality. The new arrangements of the Jim voices, sounds, and tunes add digital-stereo joy to your every wriggle. If you haven't played this game yet, you're in for big award-winning fun. Take the bait, dirt-breath. This is a whole new can of worms.
- Save your Homing Rockets for when you really need them by attacking enemies with your Worm Whip.
- Keep your eyes open for sparkling areas. You can swing from your worm when you whip them.
- The Head Helicopter sometimes gives you the extra jump distance you need.
- If you already have nine lives (the max) leave any extra lives alone. That way, if you die and come back, you can collect them when you need them.
- Use your weapon in short bursts to conserve ammo.
- Your time is unlimited, so search carefully for paths to goodies you can see but can't seem to reach.
2017-07-30 Earthworm Jim Special Edition game added.