Mortal Kombat II (gamegear)
by Acclaim Entertainment
Portable Kitana Komes To Town!
Eight Kilter Komnatants:
- Nope, they couldn't get the whole arkade game into the Game Gear version, but they did yeoman's work and got darned close. You get to play with eight skull-krack-ing kombatants. Choose from Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Mileena, Scorpion, Jax, Reptile, and Shang Tsung. You get their regular Mortal moves, you get their incredibly final Fatality moves, and you even get to impale the loser of your choice on the spikes. MKII Game Gear has even managed to pack in some of the arkade's hidden features, like the battle with Jade. This is a more-than-solid portable rendition of one of the hottest Fighting games of the decade, and it looks great on your Game Gear—colorful, large sprites and detailed backgrounds. Kommit mayhem, in portable form—it kicks keister.
- How about a little high-voltage punishment with Jax's Energy Wave? Tap Down, Away, and Kick to blast ‘em.
- Shred some kombatant with Kitana's Fan Throw by hitting Toward, Toward, and Punch and Kick (simultaneously).
- Choose your im-mortal fighter at the Character Select screen.
Road warriors, prepare. Prepare for maximum Mortal madness. Prepare for one-or two-player (Gear-to-Gear) karnage. Mortal Kombat II for Game Gear from Acclaim Entertainment busts loose the to-go Fatalities and Mortal Moves for the small screen. Choose from eight kombatants in three backgrounds, search for hidden characters, and go for the explosive finishing moves on your way to whupping Kintaro. At an MA-17 rating, this product may be too gory for younger audiences, but older gamers get all the moves (and the Mood) in a solid little portable cart.
- Each of the fighters uses the same move to spike opponents -Toward, Away, Toward, and Punch.
- Mileena is the most well-rounded fighter. She's quick and can attack both in the air and on the ground.
- Shang Tsung has the most moves and can counter virtually anything.
- If you're good with the morphs and all the characters.
- Use the Block button consistently and attack only when fairly certain of the outcome.
- Let computer fighters inside sweep range, and they come in quickly for a cheap throw.
Finding and Fighting Jade:
- To fight the elusive Jade, win the preceding two-match round (just before question mark on Battle Plan) by using only your Kick button. When the next round starts, you'll warp to Goro's Lair for the battle with Jade. Watch her —she's quick and cheap.
- Get their attention with Reptile's Force Ball by tapping Away, Away, Punch and Kick (simultaneously).
- Your opponent will definitely get the point(s) with Mileena's Sai Throw. Do it yourself by holding Punch for two seconds.
- Go for a bit of fighter fishing with Scorpion's Spear by hitting Away, Away, and Punch.
2017-07-07 Mortal Kombat II (gamegear) game added.