Blast into the future with Silpheed from Sega. This no-non-sense, high-speed, polygon-based CD shooter features fast, action-filled battle stages, vivid polygon graphics, CD-quality music and voice, and weapons designed to kick alien booty. Your highly modified SA-77 "Silpheed" tactical fighter spacecraft has both left and right main weapons, a choice of optional weapons systems and is fully up to the challenge... Are you?
The Earth-based Grayzon computer defense system has been "net-jacked." Mankind's future in space is completely in your hands. Using your Silpheed fighter, bust through convoys of alien ships, ride at serious velocity through asteroid belts and drop into some crazy mazes on the outer hulls of enormous planet buster-sized ships. Follow the dramatic storyline through sweeping cinematic intros and intermissions between levels. Search out energy power-ups, point bonuses and items diat will make you invincible for a time or take out every enemy on screen. Listen carefully to the clear channel voice communications from the other pilots in your wing who alert you to the next threat coming your way.
These big ships in level three are great-looking, but don't let them capture your attention. Stay focused on avoiding and blasting smaller moving objects.
To beat the level three boss you fly up the center of a big behemoth of a ship and avoid massive bolts of energy. His first and last bolts are dead center in the screen.
Level four is a combination of shooting stationary weapons and avoiding obstacles.
Level five has some spectacular views (like the nebula in the lower right). Ignore them and concentrate on shooting the enemies closing in on you. You're not on an jntergalac-tic sightseeing tour.
Pay attention to the on-screen heads-up display that tells you how much energy you have available tor your optional weapons. Save some tor the boss areas. In level live, select the EM Defense System and use It near Jupiter.
- Learn the enemies' attack patterns to get through each level.
- If there are lots of threats and energy power-ups on screen simultaneously, go for the energy first.
- The most useful weapons system option is your EM Defense System. This will protect you against hits in the most dangerous regions.
- Pay attention to your wing men as they call out the oncoming threats.
- There is an on-screen warning each time you approach a boss area. Each boss has a pattern of attack. Learn it, then blast to win.
2017-07-16 Silpheed game added.