Soldiers Of Fortune
Get paid for fighting? You bet! It's a mercenary's life in Soldiers of Fortune from Spectrum HoloByte. Based on a former Amiga title, Soldiers of Fortune has strong game play, hot soundtrack, some digitized voice effects and very good graphics. With four Worlds each containing four big levels, Soldiers of Fortune gives all run 'n gunners plenty to do.
Soldiers of Fortune makes a great two-player game. Even when you play alone, the computer controls the other player. You can play as one of six hard-as-nails mercenaries with special weapons, skills and personality traits. The way you pair up characters—both in one-player with CPU games and in two-player garner—will have a major effect on how well you do in game play.
For all its run n gun simplicity, Soldiers of Fortune is a challenging game. Any play strategy you develop is going to involve patience. Move carefully, zapping all the enemies before moving on. Pick up all the power-ups and money Picking up keys will open and close areas. And remember that picking up items often causes more enemies to appear.
The four Worlds and their sub-Worlds are complex, with small warp zones and action taking place on multi-height levels. Often, success means finding the right keys to open stairs to higher or lower floors.
- The single biggest mistake you can make in playing "Soldiers ot Fortune" is rushing. Move too fast and the bad guys always seem to get you.
- The Mercenary and the Thug are the most difficult one-player CPU combination to use to beat the game.
- The Scientist and the Nawie are a good choice for a one-player CPU game. Play as the Nawie and you can also use the Scientist's Special Weapons, if might is more your style, play as the Nawie and choose the Thug as your companion.
- Don't pick up Food unless you need it. If you have to, go back and pick it up before you leave a level, so you start the next level with a full strength meter.
- Select "Complete Training" as your first option in the shopping section. Then power up your Main and Special Weapons.
- Take the time to wipe out all the enemies in a level. You'll get more money that way.
- Some levels have more than one exit Taking the first one will not always lead you to the richest path.
- Shoot everything. The only thing you can harm are enemies.
- Warp doors will take you to areas full of gold and power-ups.
- Special Weapons that are thrown can reach higher and lower places to make life a little safer.
Mutants, huge levels, plenty of cash, and big guns...Soldiers of Fortune has it all. Make no bones about it: this sci-fi fantasy blastfest puts a new twist on action gaming with an overhead view and an awesome, pumping soundtrack. Add digitized voices and exotic locales, and you've got a game that gives run 'n gunners all the complexity and excitement they can handle.
You play as a team of hired mercenaries assigned to destroy a machine that's warping time...and everything else...into a techno nightmare. Each mere has special skills and a weapon to match. And each is ready to wreak havoc.
Download Soldiers Of Fortune
PC compatible, P-100
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features: Single game mode
2017-09-22 Soldiers Of Fortune game added.
- Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy’s Invention
- Robocop vs. Terminator
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters
- Gauntlet IV
- Genghis Khan 2: Clan Of The Gray Wolf
- Romance Of The Three Kingdoms 3: Dragon Of Destiny
- Dashin' Desperadoes