Streets of Rage 2
You've waited a long time for this game. The Streets of Rage II is better than the original in every way. Mr. X and his drug gang have returned to Metro City. Axel and Blaze are back and they're teamed up with two new terrific characters, Skate and Max. There are fantastic new moves, outrageous new levels, more color and even more action than the first Streets of Rage. Check out these hot players and their moves...
This guy may be slightly slower than the other brawlers, but what he lacks in speed is more than made up by his awesome strength.
- TIP: Close, grab from rear and B causes a severe bent over back throw.
- TIP: C, then B with down direction causes a radical shoulder/elbow crash.
- TIP: Close with enemy, grab from behind, C and then B. You'll give a vertical down throw.
- TIP: Hit A and direction toward enemies. You'll get a tremendously powerful shoulder dash with a roll finish.
- TIP: Hold down B, hit C with direction and he clears to his rear with a vicious back kick.
- TIP: C (jump), then B gives Max a powerful 2-handed bash.
The smallest in stature, this new addition to our fighters makes up with his speed and technique. This wheeled warrior may become a player favorite.
- TIP: Hold front, then B gives a double head- ^ butt with a disabling elbow finish.
- TIP: Hold rear, then B and Skate sits on enemy's shoulders and wails on his head.
- TIP: Double D-Button gets a dash. B while dashing and you'll make an area- clearing cannonball spin.
- TIP: Hold down B, then C and Skate does a terrific-looking rear cartwheel kick.
This woman has been in training since we last saw her. Blaze is the most balanced of our brawlers. Her speed and power are both equal.
- TIP: Rear hold, then B causes an impressive over-the-back throw.
- TIP: B, hit C with direction and she does an enemy, dumping sweep.
- TIP: C, then B creates a sensational airkick.
- TIP: Front hold, then B gives a good old- fashioned straight shoulder throw.
This guy returns from the original and he's faster, badder, badder and badder.
- TIP: C, then B gives a generous airkick.
- TIP: C, then B with down and Axel gives Kneebash from the air.
- TIP: Rear grab, then B shocks with a fantastic reverse throw.
- TIP: A gives a glorious flaming roundhouse.
- TIP: B then C causes a backhand in either direction. Special Features
- TIP: Make your opponent drop his knife and you can use it against him...or someone else!
- TIP: Pick up a lead pipe to beat some sense into your enemies.
- TIP: Punch out the newspaper vendor and you II get more than a good read.
Streets of Rage 2 is the best beat-em-up game ever. No game has come out since its release to knock it from its throne. Now granted, not too many games that are released these days are beat-em-ups, but this game is still the best one around.
Streets of Rage is back with a vengeance. This time, Metro City is under the control of an evil drug gang, and lies in ruins. You can slug it out with Axel and Blaze, and two new fighters, - a huge pro wrestler called Max, and Adam's younger brother Sammy. Multiplayer option lets you play against a friend, or team up to overcome Mister X and the evil gang of thugs.
We can't wait to play this one. We hear it has bigger characters, smoother animations, and better sound and music than the original.
2005-07-10 Streets of Rage 2 is the best beat-em-up game ever.