Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends
Got a kid brother or sister ready to take a turn at your Genesis? If fast-moving Sonic makes the little dude's head spin, introduce him to Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. This fun game from T-HQ, Inc. offers a cool mix of entertainment and education for the kindergarten crowd and young school-age kids. Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends is featured in the popular childrens' TV series Shining Time Station, starring Thomas and his trainyard of chromium cronies, Toby, Percy, Duck and James.
You're the engineer steering the game play You can choose your train engine from the different types and colors available. You can play the Game mode, which tests kid-level memory skills by giving you different tasks to complete, such as finding certain cars carrying different loads and taking them to a specific station. Or challenge the other engines in The Race mode, or just chug around town in Explore mode. Another fun feature lets you paint your own engine!
Thomas the Tank Friends scores high marks for its successful blending of fun, instruction and challenge. The only problem you may have will be getting your Genesis back from your kid brother or sister.
Thomas the Tank Engine from the popular childrens' show Shining Time Station chugs across your TV by way of the Genesis in a fun-filled game from THQ, Inc. Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends is made for the kindergarten crowd and young school-age kids. It stars Thomas, his trainyard troupe and cheery Sir Topham Hatt in a three-part game with a Game mode, The Race mode and Explore mode. Plus Thomas has a cool paint program that lets you paint your own train!
- In Game mode, pick up the cars you need when you see them. You can rearrange the order later.
- The blue balloons speed you up. Pop away!
- If you forget what you're looking for and where to take the cars during Game mode, press Button C. The reminder screen with pictures and text will assist you.
- In Game mode, Sir Topham Halt tells you the cars to find, the order to put them in and the station to take them to. The games become more challenging after you complete each task.
- Don't pop purple balloons! They'll slow you down for a while. Slow down when you approach one, then let it move off the track so you can zip past.
- The airport terminal is a great place to practice Kevin's slick slide move.
- Detour to the other track when you see dirt on the track ahead. Conductors and other trains crossing the track will also cause you to stop, losing time during a race.
2017-09-01 Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends game added.