Star Wars Trilogy Free Download
One of the biggest surprises of this year's AMOA had to be this little diddy from Sega. Of course, the graphics are on par if not surpassing anything Sega currently has on the market. The sound quality is excellent as welt, with R2 bleeping whenever you're hit. Unfortunately the game itself seems to be tittle more than Sewer Shark or Rebel Assault. You move a cursor with your joystick, and hit various imperials whether they be in TIE Fighters, on speeder bikes or on foot.
Only two levels were available to play at the show. Endor and Yavin (Hoth was on the Select Screen but not playable). Trilogy mimics both the old vector effects game and the fairly recent Star Wars Arcade games in that you fight through far too many TIE Fighters, search out Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, and then make a final assault on the Death Star. Just as in the vector classic, you must also take out the tops of cannon towers as you approach them or you will be fired upon. As you enter the trench, you are shot at by fighters and cannons until you reach the exhaust port to fire your torpedoes.
On Endor, you start on a speeder bike. Enemies are on bikes themselves, and have hit point meters above their heads. After this, you walk on foot and try to save Ewoks from the evil stormtroopers. Your final objective in this level is the shield generator.
After you defeat the first three levels, there is a final battle, not yet seen by anyone. According to Sega, this will be a lightsaber battle against Darth Vader. You'll use your joystick just as you would the handle of a saber. This sounds like the most strategic part of the whole game.
Star Wars Trilogy looks like it will be typical Sega fare. The graphics are unparalleled, utilizing everything the newest Model 3 board has to offer. In the Yavin level, the planet is below and many Star Destroyers are blasting alongside their fighters. On Endor, AT-ST walkers can be seen plowing down forests as you race by on your speeder bike. Animations for all of these are spectacular and once again Sega proves they can't be touched in the graphics department. The problem is, this game also shows the attention paid to the graphic detail versus gameplay. We'll have to wait to see if more depth is added, as this was a work-in-progress when played.
MANUFACTURER - Sega
THEME - ACTION
NUMBER OF PLAYERS - 1
Processor: PC compatible, P-200
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode
Star Wars Trilogy Screenshots
- Archimedean Dynasty Free Download
- Asteroids Free Download
- Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War Free Download
- Freelancer Free Download
- Freespace 2 Free Download
- Homeworld Free Download
- Imperium Galactica 3 Free Download
- Sinistar: Unleashed Free Download
- Star Control 3 Free Download
- Star Defender 4 Free Download
- Star Trek: Armada Free Download
- Star Trek: Armada II Free Download
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars Free Download
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command Free Download
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Orion Pirates Free Download
- Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Free Download
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Free Download
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance Free Download
- Star Wars: X-Wing Versus Tie Fighter Free Download
- Starlancer Free Download
- Tachyon: The Fringe Free Download
- Wing Commander: Prophecy Free Download