The House of The Dead
- Developer: Sega
- Genre: Arcade/Action
- Originally on: Windows (1998)
- Works on: PC, Windows
- Rate this game:
Dr. Qurien is up to something strange in his mansion, it wouldn't be so scary if he didn't have the main character's fiancée working for him in the rail shooter, The House of The Dead. Rescue your fiancée and destroy a mansion full of dead people, is this how relationship weekends go now?
Another mad scientist
Thomas Rogan is an ordinary man in a slim suit, with a love of guns and saving the world. Sophie is the hero's fiancée and an employee of Dr. Curien, who is conducting some strange experiments. When the results of the doctor's work are out of control, the usual live-workers should hurry to remove themselves from the workplace. Upon learning of the unusual events, Thomas Rogan arms himself with a gun and boldly enters the mansion full of dead people and strange creatures that intend to devour all the survivors.
The Walking Medicines
Sophia manages to get out of the mansion and was so close to the exit, but a winged zombie takes her back to the haven of the dead. Now the protagonist must explore the stronghold of madness and save not only his chosen one, but also all of the remaining employees of the failed doctor. The doctor's employees act as a kind of living medicine cabinet, which not only replenishes health, but also gives new extra life.
Rails with a choice of direction
All levels are a walkthrough of the mansion in search of the missing girl. Although The House of The Dead is a rail shooter, it does have a bit of choice. Basically, you choose the path you take. However, at the end of any level, you will invariably have a boss and a fixed storyline waiting for you.
Let's guess who will survive?
A special feature of The House of The Dead remain the bosses, which are named after the tarot cards. There are only four of them in the first part:
- The Chariot (Type 27) - a robotic zombie that looks like a knight, does not act at all like a knight and beats other people's brides
- Hanged ( Type 041) - winged monster tracks all escaped and releases hordes of bats. It's not an easy task to kill a monster in its own element.
- Hierophant ( Type 6803) - hello to all arachnophobes from Dr. Qurien. A spider-monster controls the mansion's dungeons and won't let just anyone near the doctor.
- Mage ( Type 0) - the crowning glory of Doctor's creation, a rebellious monster that is about to destroy the world.
- The old rail shooter was taken apart to create memes, laughed at the illogicality of what was going on and the abrupt plot twists. But The House of The Dead remains an iconic zombie shooter that you'll want to return to even after years of hiatus. And not alone, but with friends.*
Processor: PC compatible,
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode Multiplayer (Hotseat, LAN, Internet)