Age of Empires
- Developer: Ensemble Studios
- Genre: Arcade/Action
- Originally on: Windows (1997)
- Works on: PC, Windows
- User Rating: 9.0/10 - 2 votes
- Rate this game:
There is no going back in time, and even if you could, you would be unlikely to become a legendary general of the best medieval armies in Age of Empires. Take charge of your own country and army, form an army, and bring the joy of victory to your city.
From Elder to Emperor
Ages change, countries change sizes and names, and some disappear from the face of the earth altogether. You become a leader in the wildest and most unpredictable times in world history. In Age of Empires you lead your army through the ages, from the Stone Age, to the Classical era. In all times, force has been the only effective way to rule the world. Build your own invincible army and expand your nation's borders with blood and the most elaborate battle strategy.
Can you achieve greatness?
In addition to the standard campaigns for the smallest settlements that grow into empires, you can try out the plots of the additions:
- The Rise Of Rome - Become the leader of the most famous and militant Empire in history. Rome wasn't built in a day, so you will have to conquer all the known territories of the Empire by yourself
- The Age Of Kings - Medieval Asia and Europe have much more to offer than an outbreak of the plague. Nations that didn't become major and military successes in their time can now achieve all of this thanks to you
Everyone is important on the road to might
At the beginning of the game, the only settlements available are the city center and a couple of not particularly effective warriors, something like hunter-gatherers. The player's goal is to expand and strengthen the city, train units, and maximize the country's combat power. In addition to the combat units there are special civilians, like priests and scholars, who heal the wounded and explore new opportunities to grow accordingly. Only the coordinated work of military research and defense units and civilians can result in the fruitful formation of a new powerful country.
While the game does not shine with new graphics or use the latest technology to create a historically accurate landscape, it still holds the attention of many fans. The detailed historical events of long-gone civilizations not only add to the realism of the action, but also allow you to learn a little more about bygone times. Move back in time and build a great future in Age of Empires strategy.
Processor: PC compatible,
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode
Age of Empires Screenshots
- Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings
- Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
- Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
- Dune 2000
- Warcraft 2