Double Switch Download
PC compatible, P-200
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode
Double Switch is the FMV game in which you control the trap like security systems that protect the building from countless evil foes wandering within. Your supervisor and the owner of the building, played by Corey Haim, has been locked up and now has drafted you to do his job.
You are put in charge of arming the traps, which requires that you fast-jump to different areas of the building and select which trap to spring on the unsuspecting bad guys.
The graphics are better than the Sega CD version, but not up to Saturn's standards. The control is simple but highly confusing. In the beginning of the game, it seems as if you are just flashing about the screen with no purpose in mind and watching the traps suck in the bad guys with almost no input from you. The action of Double Switch is mostly in the form of an army of repeating enemies who never seem to get the hint that they are unwanted and just abandon their effort. But if you do a less-than-average job as the human security system, you get repeatedly reprimanded by your supervisor. It's not pretty.
Unfortunately, Double Switch is nothing more than a game designed for players who like tricks, traps and most of all, Corey Haim. Players who are expecting a revamped version of Night Trap are sadly mistaken. This title boasts nothing more than a fallen star thrown in with other B-actors that have as much of a future as this title.
MANUFACTURER - Digital Pictures
DIFFICULTY - Moderate
THEME - Adventure
NUMBER OF PLAYERS - 1
Murder, mystery, mayhem and money are at the root of Double Switch, a new Sega CD mystery/adventure from Sega. Double Switch makes you part of the action. Shot with a gritty vide-cam effect for ultimate realism, Double Switch uses Sega's TruVideo technology to deliver a top- rate interactive gaming experience that feels like a movie. Double Switch features a cast of quirky characters and a twisting plot that could have come straight from a B movie — and even uses actors you'll recognize. But unlike in a B movie, the ending will surprise you.
In three acts, you get to help unravel the strange goings-on and deadly secrets harbored at The Edward Arms, an apartment complex that is the ancestral home of Eddie. Eddie, a teen with a weird bent for security and gadgetry, has wired the building with traps. The Edward Arms houses tenants with questionable pasts. A loose-faced mobster with friends who deliver messages with lead. An aspiring journalist who's minding everybody's business...but her own. And a handyman who rivals Eddie's mechanical mastery...with a few toys of his own.
But The Edward Arms harbors more than people. Treasure is rumored to be buried there — in the form of an ancient statue called Isix, which holds the key to the Pharaoh's riches. Treasure enough to kill for.
You start off as Eddie's sole link to the house's security system. You see, Eddie's locked in the basement, all access to his traps cut off. You control the action, arming traps to capture intruders and switching video cams between the tenants' rooms. Timing is critical in Double Switch, but not just timing the springing of traps. Knowing when to let an intruder wander about so you can get vital information is key to winning the game. And then, knowing which guys are the bad guys...and when...is important.
The only thing you know for sure in Double Switch is that nothing is what it seems, nobody is above suspicion...and you're certain to have a devilishly WW good time playing it.
With a name like Double Switch, you never know who the good guys are and when you're supposed to help them...or do them in. Not everybody at The Edward Arms is dangerous...just bizarre.
- TIP: In Act 1, you need to get the numbers from the lockboxes of the four main rooms in order to unlock the Basement door to get Eddie out. Get to the lockbox before the intruder shuts the door on it. You'll get the first combination from Brutus' room, the second from the Grads' room.
- TIP: Learn the traps in each room. Get your timing down so you can spring them at the right moment.
- TIP: Keep tabs on Alex's room to keep her safe. Remember, Eddie's sweet on her.
- TIP: Eddie's comments on your game playing can get annoying in Act 1. You get to nail him in Act 2.
- TIP: You can activate the game's Save feature after completing Act 1. You get five continues per Save.
- TIP: Listen carefully to what Eddie and the others tell you. Some of what they have to say is valuable.
- TIP: When you detect an intruder entering a room, switch cams immediately to check things out. Timing is critical.
- TIP: Don't let anybody get killed...no matter how irritating they are.
- TIP: In Act 2, you're not the only one arming traps. Watch for armed traps and disarm them to keep the tenants safe.
- TIP: Eddie will flash in from his Basement prison with sometimes helpful...and sometimes irritating...commentary. He'll pull the plug on your game if you don't keep the number of Captured higher than the number of Escaped.
- TIP: If you arm a trap and the intruder gets away, be sure to disarm it. Otherwise, it's Power Overload and the next bad guy walks.
Double Switch Screenshots
Sega CD Screenshots
- Cosmic Spacehead Download
- Cyberia Download
- Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern Download
- Grim Fandango Download
- Heart of the Alien Download
- Jewels of the Oracle Download
- Mansion of Hidden Souls Download
- Night Trap Download
- Return to Zork Download
- Rise of the Dragon Download
- Snatcher Download
- Space Ace Download
- The Adventures of Willy Beamish Download
- Wizardry: Gold Download
- Wizardry: Nemesis Download