Crowl before you Run
Dungeon crawls are the stuff legendary hero games are made of, and Sega is bringing one of Hudson Soft's hot new ones to the Sega CD with Dungeon Explorer. Inveterate crawlers will feel like they've picked up their favorite sword and returned to familiar territory. The abject is to rescue the Goddess of Ambition from one of the towers. The game play is all overhead view, with projectile-throwing weapons, dozens of dungeons, tons of towers, and chests to smack open at every turn. Seven paths lead out of town, each to dungeons and towers with many, many levels. Because Dungeon Explorer is a CD title, expect voice and suitably dramatic dungeon-danger music. Look for more on Dungeon Explorer in future issues of Sega Visions.
If to have ambition is your ambition, then you have to have Dungeon Explorer for the Sega CD from Sega. This classic, overhead-view, arcade- style dungeon crawl drops you into Darkling Tower, a collection of seven multi, multilevel dungeons and towers (upstairs, downstairs, what's the difference!) to rescue the Goddess of Ambition. One to four players (with the Team Player) can get in on the fun. Save spaces give you the ability to keep your crawls going over the hundred or so hours necessary to beat the game. Do you like hacking monsters? Dungeon Explorer has 'em by the tens o' thousands. Yup, we said tens o' thousands. Powerful boss monsters? There's one in each tower. Collecting power-ups, piles of gold? Shopping for new weapons and armor? They're here, plus voice and music real enough to put some spirit into your exploration. Sure you've done dungeon crawls before. But never this challenging, big, or nasty. Dungeon Explorer: Only real hackers need apply.
HACKERS' eight commandments
- Thou shalt hack monsters to increase thy experience
- Thou shalt hack monster generators and chests to gain gold.
- Thou shalt use gold to purchase more-powerful weapons and armor.
- Thou shalt find power-ups in chests.
- Thou shalt use power-ups only in the dungeon in which they were found.
- Thou shalt press Button B to charge thy weapon, when you have the necessary power-ups.
- Thou shalt watch thy partners' backs in combat.
- Thou shalt not talk like a medieval fool.
Download Dungeon Explorer
PC compatible, P-100
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features: Single game mode
2017-07-30 Dungeon Explorer game added.
- Earthworm Jim Special Edition
- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
- Shadow of the Beast II
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- Road Rash (Sega CD)
- Lunar: Eternal Blue
- Zone Raiders
- Star Wars: X-Wing Versus Tie Fighter