Lunar: The Silver Star
Big-time adventure role-play is finally coming to the Sega CD. Working Designs' first Sega CD title, Lunar contains over 4 megabytes of text alone. The game is huge, spanning continents and space in an adventure to become a Dragonmaster. The game has animated graphics, digital voice recordings and grand, sweeping music. Lunar. The Silver Star loads quickly and has an Al feature that makes combat a breeze.
Monster slayers, magic users, warriors and guardians- warm up your Sega CD and get ready for the first big-time adventure role-play game to hit the Sega discs. One of the best-selling titles ever in Japan, Lunar: The Silver Star by Working Designs is a huge game that takes you above and below ground, through the skies, across a planet and into other dimensions in a magical quest to become a Dragon Master. Using all the Sega CD's capabilities, Lunar features comic book-style stills, digitized voice and music, super sharp graphics and an Al feature that automatically selects the best combat attack.
The real merit of Lunar is the game play. There is a lot to do. Plan on spending 60 hours or more mastering the sometimes complicated twists and turns of the plot. Thais if you're good. You begin the game as Alex, a young man destined to become a Dragon Master. Your constant companion is a white cat-sized flying creature with a sharp tongue and sense of humor named Nail. Interaction with good and evil characters, beasts and battles...many battles...build you into a character with abilities of heroic proportions. Other characters in the game will ally themselves with you from time to lime, in panics large and small, trusting their fortunes to your quest. Others will leave you to join forces with your enemies. Some will even work both sides of the fence. Lunar’s Al feature gives the characters the ability to act on their own, as the situation merits. You'll find that Nail is often read) with a smart-alek reply, and that Kyle, a warrior, has an eye for the ladies. There are opportunities for you to get into some trouble as well!
- TIP: Save regularly and often to avoid replaying sections of the game. Good places to save are after gaining a level, before entering towns, cities and dungeons, and before entering rooms.
- TIP: Use spells which inflict damage on multiple enemies when fighting the weaker packs of beasts. You'll take much less damage and will spend less time fighting these annoying pests.
- TIP: Spells fall into four basic categories — Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Hand in hand are Hot and Cold spells. Try to match them against enemies. And remember that sometimes cold steel is best.
- TIP: Turn off the Al feature if you want total control over your characters.
- TIP: When powerful characters join your party, take them out on a romp through dangerous territory so you can use their stronger attack skills to help you build levels and cash.
- TIP: Watch doorways in caves, towers and dungeons. You will be able to tell whether the stairs go up or down.
- TIP: Don't rely too heavily on the Dragon Wing for transportation. You'll miss the opportunity to battle, earn and increase your levels.
- TIP: Keep weaker characters to the back of the party so the stronger ones can take the damage of combat.
Al has another meaning in combat. Select this option and your character will automatically attack the nearest enemy with the weapon they have in hand. Using advanced attack skills for non- magic users and spells for those so suited calls for direct guidance on your part.
Completing the game tails for solving a big series of adventures while you seek out the magical Dragon Armor, other Dragon items and your destiny. Each adventure usually lakes you into a dungeon/lower for combat and a twisting, maze-running search for an important item. The game offers good dues for advancing. If you reach an area and nothing happens, go out and fight for a while, bumping yourself up a level or two j and increasing the skill of your j weaponry. Or review the clues people have given you in the various towns and zones. You cither are not strong enough or arc missing a character. Put it all together and the next adventure is revealed, sending you to another zone and a new series of mysteries.
Download Lunar: The Silver Star
PC compatible, P-100
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode