Triple Play 96 Download
PC compatible, P-200
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode Multiplayer (Hotseat)
The differences between the 16-Bit and 32-Bit versions of Triple Play are as shocking as night and day. Fortunately, it's a shock for the better.
More and more baseball games are jumping on the 3-D stadium bandwagon, and EA Sports' Triple Play '96 is no exception.
That's not a bad thing, mind you. Triple Play '96 embraces the 3-D stadium and doesn't let go. The result is a ballpark setting that really throws players into the thick of things.
A it of the game's realism stems from the players on the field EA Sports' programmers have engineered a hybrid method that mixes motion-capture data with rendered players. The process is time-intensive, but the results show by looking at the player movement, such as the batter's swing on the bottom of this page.
Complementing the players are the 3-D stadiums. Triple Play '96 will feature all 28 major-league stadiums. Each one was created with EA Sports' "Virtual Stadium" technology, which was first used with FIFA Soccer This technology accounts for details such as lighting schemes and shadows on the field, as well as the stadium's actual layout. In any case, the result is a far cry from the 16-Bit stadiums of old (well, at least not as new).
However, EA Sports has not sacrificed the game's playability for visual gain. Average gamers will get a feel for the hitting and batting controls rather quickly.
So while the game will be simple to play, it won't be lacking in substance. EA Sports acquired a license from STATS, a name recognized in sporting circles as a major baseball data compiler. That firm's stats--lots of them, no doubt--will be accessible in Triple Play '96.
Gamers will have five modes to choose from: Exhibition, Full Season, к Playoffs, World Series and All-Star Game. The game also has a I pitcher/batter showdown and a home-run derby.
On the strategy side of the equation, Triple Play '96 features a Manager Mode that will let gamers call steals and squeeze plays on the fly.
In addition, the game will give players the ability to create, draft and trade players.
During the game, an announcer will cover the play-by-play and ball count.
Unfortunately, gamers will have to wait before judging whether Triple Play '96 will be, in EA Sports' words, the "most complete baseball experience" available.
If these screen shots mean anything, it's a good bet that EA Sports will prove true to its word. Look for a review in an upcoming Team EGM.
MANUFACTURER - EA Sports
THEME - Sport
More Than Just Riding The pine
Triple Play Baseball, designed by the same folks who brought you the graphically amazing FIFA International Soccer, packs in more than 2,500 frames of animation for a complete baseball experience. You see the umpire dusting off the plate, the pitcher spitting on the mound, base runners dusting themselves off after a headfirst slide, and fielders diving for line drives. You hear the organ music, the umpire's gravelly voice calling balls and strikes, and the booming play-by-play.
Compete head-to-head with a rival in an exhibition game. Or try to take your team to the World Series in a season of 26, 52,104,144, or 162 games, including a midseason all-star game based on player performance. A battery backup tracks your progress.
An innovative option lets you switch from playing the game to managing it right in the middle of a game. As manager, you determine everything from how to position your defense to how aggressively your players hit and throw.
With its realistic game play and strategies, Triple Play Baseball '96 is a grand slam whether you're a dugout strategist or a home-run hitting master.
Triple Play Baseball '96 covers all the bases: It has the depth and features necessary to keep hard-core baseball enthusiasts happy, but it's easy enough that novices can start swinging for the fences right away. This 24-meg EA Sports cart features 1994 statistics for every player on every big-league team and lets you and up to three friends play exhibition, all-star, playoff, and championship games. When you play, you're in total control of everything, from juggling the batting order and whistling fastballs by your friends to blasting homers, stealing bases, and turning double plays. Triple Play Baseball is a solid ball game that will have you lacing up your spikes, greasing your glove, and deciding that it's a beautiful day for a game.
- Paint the corners of the plate by aiming your pitch with the D-Pad during the pitcher's windup. If you don't aim, you'll be tossing fat pitches right over the middle of the plate-even a big-leaguer's grandmother could knock those out of the park.
- Make base runners nervous by throwing to the base (Button B and the desired direction), especially if they're leading off by three or more steps. Fielding.
- Use Button C for most of your throws. Aggressive Button A throws can be too hot for your fielders to handle.
- Hold Button A or C while you're making a catch to throw the ball automatically to the cutoff man or the closest occupied base.
- Use power Button A swings when you have one or no strikes. Get conservative and use the Button C swing when you have two strikes or just want to make contact to advance base runners.
- Stance is more important than aim in determining where you'll hit the ball. An open stance makes you pull the ball, a closed stance makes you hit to the opposite field, and a normal stance makes you hit to center field.
Triple Play 96 Screenshots
Sega Genesis Screenshots
- 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples Download
- Arch Rivals Download
- Australian Rugby League Download
- Batter Up Download
- Brett Hull Hockey '95 Download
- Dick Vitale's "Awesome Baby!" Download
- ESPN National Hockey Night Download
- Fred Couples Golf Download
- NBA Action '94 Download
- Open Ice Download
- RBI Baseball 95 Download
- Slam City with Scottie Pippen Download
- Tecmo Super Hockey Download
- Toughman Contest Download
- Troy Aikman NFL Football Download
- Unnecessary Roughness 95 Download