You're a scientist on board the spaceship Indiana. In a nearby sector of space, the Jeremiah Obrian is headed on a doomsday mission.
It's headed for an alien planet, where it's programmed to unleash a deadly virus that mutates its victims' DNA until they expire.
Unfortunately for the crew, the ship has leaked the devastating payload internally.
Their legacy is an SOS, which your ship intercepts. If you cannot stop the Obrian from delivering its viral contents, it will plunge the galaxy into war.
To avoid exposure to the virus, you must send in a probe. Use it to embark on a first-person-perspective exploration of the ship and find the DNA of the crew members.
These DNA strands are the keys to the Obrian's lock pads, crew quarters, and computer.
You have six hours to shut down the entire ship. Allocate your probe power carefully. Avoid mutated DNA. Scan the ship for video clues. And one more thing. Elude the Defender, a robot programmed to destroy all intruders. This means you.
- Once you've destroyed the Defender, you have only five minutes to stop the ship before another Defender is launched.
- If the probe's store is full and you find a higher-ranking officer's DNA, delete the DNA of the lowest-ranking officer.
- You can lure the Defender away from areas by plugging into an out-of-the-way data port, then circling back to the area you want to explore.
- Use the robotic long arm to log on to data ports and play back important video clues.
Everything is on the line, and all because of a little bug. A fragile intergalactic peace. The survival of human and alien races. Seventy billion lives. Spectrum HoloByte's Iron Helix for Sega CD places nothing less than the fate of the universe in your hands.
A runaway spaceship is about to release a deadly virus capable of engulfing entire races in misery and strife.
To stop the ship from launching the virus, you must send in an unarmed probe to piece together strands of infected DNA, puzzle your way through 25 photorealistic cabins, and destroy a security robot programmed to blast you to oblivion.
Too bad you can't shoot back.
Download Iron Helix
PC compatible, P-100
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode
Iron Helix Screenshots and Media
Sega CD Screenshots
- Archimedean Dynasty
- Sinistar: Unleashed
- Star Trek: Armada
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Dominion Wars
- Tachyon: The Fringe