If you've ever sat in an arcade stuffing quarters into a four player Gauntlet upright with your buddies, you should take a close look at Gauntlet IV from Tengen. This spunky Genesis title contains four modes, including the original Arcade mode, four-player compatibility with Sega's Team Player, a choice of the four original Gauntlet characters— Warrior, Valkrie, Wizard and Elf—and enough nonstop action to keep everybody happy.
Al four game modes take place in the lamiliar Gauntlet overhead view. The action in each is similar ...shoot the bad guys, decipher mazes, pick up treasure, magic potions and food, and purchase more weapons and magic to become bigger, stronger and badder.
To beat Gauntlet IV you need patience. Not all mazes in the Four Towers are beaten in one run. Often you must go up or down a series of floors to reach every spot in a level's maze. Playing in the new Quest mode is particularly fun, since you build experience points in a role-play manner as you try to solve the mystery of the Four Towers.
- Potions are much more effective when picked up and used. Don't shoot them. For that matter, don't shoot anything you can pick up and use.
- Every hit takes away your energy. Snack often.
- Gauntlet passwords are long and awkward. Write them down carefully.
- Battle Mode is winner-take-all.
- Try to drive your opponents into the exits. If they take a tall, it's "See Ya!"
- Upgrade your weapons as soon as possible.
- The Warrior is the most powerful. Valkrie is the most well-armored. Wizard has the strongest magic and Elf is the fastest.
- Watch the demo mode tor some very helpful hints on game play. Certain tiles will not let you shoot or use magic. Others are very slippery. Look to the upper part of the screen for indications as to what type ot tile you stand on.
Processor: PC compatible, P-100
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode
Gauntlet IV Screenshots
Sega Genesis Screenshots
- Addams Family Values
- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Eye of the Beholder
- Albert Odyssey
- Dark Wizard
- King's Bounty
- Legend of Oasis
- Lunar Directors Cut
- Magic Knight Rayearth
- Nobunaga's Ambition
- Vandal Hearts