Need For Speed: Carbon
- Developer: Ghost Games
- Genre: Arcade/Action
- Originally on: Windows (2006)
- Works on: PC, Windows
- Rate this game:
Need For Speed: Carbon is a spectacular arcade race in the fictional city of Palmont, where the player tries to outrun all the street racers and figure out where the bag of stolen money is. The races take place only at night, but the cops are notoriously awake - you'll have to do some legwork sometimes.
The player will be able to race through the city unhindered, even without completing the mission. As you drive around Palmont, you can see ordinary residents going about their business or home and street racers racing through the city at night and having fun. There is an opportunity to challenge one of the racers and pocket $1,000 in cash. Winning over the local drivers, you can pounce on the neighborhood boss with fury, so the career advancement will go faster. The more districts the player picks up, the more opportunities there are to improve the car and the closer he gets to solving the mystery with the stolen bag.
During the chases and races, the player is shown cinematic cutscenes where the car flies from a height or passes a police post. This short cutscene is disabled in the game menu.
Tuning and Customization
Tuning your iron horse - you can improve both the exterior and the interior of the car. What you can change on the outside:
- Hull color and coating. Choose your favorite color and head to the starting line
- Availability of neon. The glow will make your ride special
- Stickers. Make the doors or the front of the car cooler, so your opponents lose before the race even starts
What you can change inside:
- Brakes to reduce stopping distance and control the car in case of a sudden obstacle
- Engine. This affects acceleration speed and top speed
- Nitro. When the cops are on your tail, activate nitro to quickly evade pursuit
- Spoiler. Helps control the control of the car. Adds stability and a sense of security to the ride
Need For Speed: Carbon is a worthy sequel to a worthy series of racing games. I give it a solid nine for the adrenaline rides and the ability to modify the car. I sincerely compare the greatness of Carbon to the greatness of Need For Speed: Most Wanted and DiRT 3.
Processor: PC compatible,
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode Multiplayer (Hotseat, LAN, Internet)