Risk Free Download
Risk was one of the first board games I have played on my computer. Not only the game's graphics were impressive and far superior to the other competitors, but the game introduced new features as well. I recall the SameTime feature being quite useful, with the players taking turns simultaneously. I enjoyed the variety of generals from the 18th and 19th century, such as Aubert, Marmont, Campbell, Wellington, D'Erlon or Barbacena, whom I learned about in school. Being able to control them, even as virtual characters, was really fun for a 14 years old teenager.
Risk is a game about taking over the world. There are six continents and many countries represented on each continent. This game is for as many as six human or players. You can set each of the players skill at a different level - beginning, intermediate, or expert. At the inital setup you choose countries in turns, then you can place armies on each of the countries you chose. Each turn you get at least three extra armies to place on any country you own. That number goes up if you have control of an entire continent. That amount is based on the size of the continent...for example you will get more armies for Asia, than if you have control of Australia. You can sit the turn out, or you can attack. These attacks play differently based on the mode you chose. In the board game you roll as many as three dice based on how many armies you have your country and your opponent rolls dice based on how many they have. If you choose classic mode, it works similar to that. If you chose arcade you get a split screen and your cannon can shoot at their army, while they shoot at you and you have control of your cannon. If you win at least one battle per turn you get a card. There are soldier cards, horsemen cards, and cannon cards. You can turn these in at the beginning of your turn to get more armies. If you have three of kind you get armies, but if you have one of each of the three sets you will get more armies. After you have five cards you have to turn a set in, whether you want to or not.
The map screen is clear, colorful and easy to read. The battle views even show different landscapes depending on the territory you're fighting on.
The cannons explode realistically during the battle view and arcade options, plus you get an appropriate march tune that never seems to grow tiresome.
World-domination types who've marched through the board-game version of Risk are gonna find a lot to like here. One to six players take turns conquering countries, moving troops, and lobbing cannonballs at die enemy. The game can be played in its traditional mode or arcade version, in which you blast away at the opponent with a battery of cannons. Options include a continuous attack and "fast battle" (which cuts to the grisly details of the encounter). In either the pure strategy or hybrid arcade mode, this game delivers all the satisfying tactics and face-offs of the original.
- Unless you're feeling lucky (or suicidal) don't attack a country with more armies than you can muster.
- Take Australia first It's the easiest continent to defend.
- Take South America next
Processor: PC compatible, P-200
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode
Sega Genesis Screenshots
- 688 Attack Sub Free Download
- Aerobiz Supersonic Free Download
- Battlemaster Free Download
- Cannon Fodder Free Download
- General Chaos Free Download
- Genghis Khan 2: Clan Of The Gray Wolf Free Download
- Herzog Zwei Free Download
- Liberty or Death Free Download
- Mega Lo Mania Free Download
- Operation Europe-Path to Victory 1939-1945 Free Download
- Pacific Theater Of Operations Free Download
- Pax Galaxia Free Download
- Warrior Of Rome 2 Free Download
- Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego? Free Download
- Wrath Of The Gods Free Download
- Yokka Wars Free Download
- Airport Tycoon 2 Free Download
- Airport Tycoon 3 Free Download
- Zoo Empire Free Download
- Zoo Vet Free Download
- Worms 3D Free Download
- Worms Armageddon Free Download
- Worms Forts: Under Siege Free Download
- Civilization II Test of Time Free Download