Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode
Baldies was due nearly two years ago but failed to see the light of day due to so-called publishing problems. The real reason that it never came out is actually down to the fact that it wasn't really up to scratch. Harsh words perhaps, but when you consider that its first release is to a pocket-money budget label, it would be difficult to come to any other conclusion.
Basically it's a real-time strategy game like most other real-time strategy games, except that instead of building tanks and ships, you produce squads of slapheads in dungarees. Workers breed to create more baldies, scientists work to produce weapons, while builders and soldiers do exactly what their respective titles suggest.
The good thing about the game is that once you've got the hang of the way it plays, there's actually quite a lot to do, and the new weapons that come into play later on are quite fun. The problem is that apart from the dated graphics, your follically-challenged underlings seem to have a mind of their own, and end up wandering around and getting into all sorts of trouble. If you tend to give up on games quite easily, our advice would be to give Baldies a miss. If, on the other hand, you're a forgiving soul who sticks with things to the end, then give it a try.
- Age of Empires Download
- Age of Mythology Download
- Civilization III Download
- Civilization III Game of the Year Download
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Download
- Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty Download
- Cossacks: European Wars Download
- Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars Download
- Dark Reign: The Future of War Download
- Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive Download
- Dune Download
- Dune 2: The Battle for Arrakis Download
- Dune 2000 Download
- Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Download
- Seven Kingdoms Download
- Shattered Galaxy Download
- Ultima Online Download
- WarCraft: Orcs & Humans Download
- Warcraft 2 Download
- WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness Download