Journey From Darkness: Strider Returns Download
PC compatible, P-100
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode
Strider fans, take note. Strider Returns brings the master sword-wielder to the Game Gear. This five-level, single-player action hit from U.S. Gold will have you fighting the Evil Master and his robots to keep your planet from being turned into a black hole. Somewhere in the bargain you can hope to save your girlfriend, Lexia.
The Castle Metropolis
Look carefully for the ropes you can climb in the Castle Metropolis level. There are pulleys with ropes attached that disguise the usable ones.
Jump and swing your sword to throw these switches. There are two in the Castle Metropolis level.
Jump and slice at the Copter boss and he's a goner.
The best way to take out the Plane boss is to wait for his straftng-run then tag him with your sword while timing your jumps to avoid his napalm.
The Forbidden Forest
Against the first minor boss in the Forbidden Forest, get in close and use the sword while jumping missiles. Avoid his explosive death throes with a big leap as the fire nears you.
There is an energy heart on the lower left after the second minor boss.
Leap to the right from this elevator platform at the highest point possible along the yellow caution strip. A long jump to the right will get you across.
This is the final boss in the Forbidden Forest area. Show him the door by jumping and hacking at him with the sword.
- You start with tive lives and one continue ot three additional lives. You can get extra continues tor every three orbs collected. Orbs are often found in areas outside the normal game path, so search carefully.
- Throughout the game, keep firing shurikens at enemies off-screen. You won't beat them, but your will is enough damage so that they are much easier to deteat when they do appear.
- Never leap into any open holes.
- Enemies reappear if you back up and move forward again. Keep moving forward to avoid the hits.
- When climbing, always take a jump away from the wall to see what s happening to your rigMiK left. Remember to hit the D-Buttbq Toward to return to the wall.
- In open areas, jump upward to see what is above you. Search all areas for extra orbs to gain additional continues.
- Your sword is more powerful your shuriken. Get in close to use it on enemies as often as possible.
Fans of the original Strider will appreciate this tide, in which you strive to save a kidnapped damsel as you battle hordes of alien creatures. Seven different zones provide plenty of variety, as do the available options. You can choose sword type, number of credits and number of lives, as well as the button layout on your control pad.
We liked the crisp graphics and the imaginative array of bosses (like the mechanized hornet, the dinosaur and the fireball-tossing machine). We also liked the variety of backgrounds, ranging from a forest scene to a futuristic construction area.