Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
- Developer: Konami Co., Ltd
- Genre: Arcade/Action
- Originally on: Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
- Runs on PC, Windows
- Editor Rating:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist Homepage
Visit and get 10000+ free games
- Rate this game:
The Turtles have come to Genesis...and the world will never be the same! This 8-Meg, one- or two-player simultaneous turtle sensation gives you the option to play as any of the four heroes. Additional options include difficulty, the number of lives and continues, automatic back attack, sound test and even a color mode which lets you play in four color comic-book style or full-color animation mode.
The Fab Four of the Mutant Kingdom leave their comfortable (if you are a teenage turtle type) underground digs to shell shock their outrageously evil nemesis Shredder, who is shrinking New York with the Hyperstone. Shredder taunts the Turtles..."You've been lucky in the past, but you won't stop me this time! Ha!" With a challenge like that, how could any pizza-loving turtle avoid a good brawl?
Turtle Rower, Dude
So you wanna be a turtle? Each has a different weapon and special attacks, plus a style all his own.
- TIP: Michelangelo is the most popular Turtle. He loves pizza and uses Nunchakus. His special attack is the Kamikaze Attack.
There are five stages to the game, each with three rounds, for a grand total of 15 action-packed levels. At the end of each stage is a boss enemy, one of Shredder's minions. Survive the attacks of these bad boys and you'll go shell- to-claw against the Commander- in-Chief of the Evil Foot Clan...Shredder.
TIP: Donatello is the genius of the Turtles. His weapon of choice is the Bo Staff and his special attack is the Toe Smash. Hot Moves When it comes to fightin' the Foot Clan, the Turtles have more moves than you can pack into a turtle shell. The Mondo Body Slam will flip your enemy back and forth over your head against the ground with loud, bone-cracking thumps. It's the most visual of all the moves and will take away some of your power meter.
TIP: Michelangelo has his Smile Finish, a super-backhand with a big grin.
- TIP: Leonardo does the Bamboo Split; a high-powered overhead chops with his sword.
- TIP: Rafael makes a Vacuum Slice, cutting with a single blade at extreme RPMs.
- TIP: Leonardo is the group's leader and a true perfectionist. He uses the Katana Blade like a Ninja master. His special attack is the Spinning Blade.
- TIP: Donatello does the Hurricane Attack, spinning his Bo Staff like a killer baton.
TIP: Raphael has a quick temper and even taster hands, which he puts to use with the his super sharp Sai Daggers. His special attack is the Jumping Spin Kick. The Turtles make power moves in the heat of combat whenever you have inflicted a certain amount of damage on your enemy.
TIP: Grab pizza power ups for a tasty energy boost.
- TIP: Rockmen attack in two waves. Attack quickly or they will break out heavy artillery.
- TIP: Leonardo can slice the Foot Clan faster than a Ginzu carving knife slices, dices and makes julienne fries.
- TIP: Purple Ninjas throw stars. Blue Ninjas carry swords.
At various points throughout the game you'll find a red pizza box with a big bomb on it. This is Power Pizza! Wait until the screen is full of enemies and then take it. You'll go into your Special Attack and create major havoc! The enemies you encounter will be familiar to any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fanatic. You'll go up against all the major bad guys: Krang, Mouser, Stockman, Stone Warrior, Rocksteady and Leatherhead. Battling each requires different strategy and techniques, including mastering attack patterns. TMNT: Hyperstone Heist is colorful, fast-moving and built on high-quality Genesis-worthy graphics. The sounds are also on the cutting edge, with the Turtles Theme Song, realistic battle sound effects and digitized Turtle voices calling out "Pizza Time" and other popular Turtle sayings. Go ahead. Try to turn Shredder into Cheddar. It’s time to kick shell.
- TIP: Hit the explosive to give the Foot Clan a blast.
- TIP: Shredder has some nasty surprises waiting in his hideout.
- TIP: You must beat Leatherhead, Rocksteady and Tatsu again before you can take on Stockman.
- TIP: When fighting multiple enemies, try attacking in this rhythm: Left four times, right four times, left four times, etc. The sustained damage will put you into a power move.
- TIP: Hit the fire hydrant to wash your enemies into the gutter.
- TIP: The samurai statues will give you a shock. Fight between the beams.
- TIP: Shredder prepares to show you the true power of the Hyperstone.
Download Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
PC compatible, P-200
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features: Single game mode Multiplayer (Hotseat)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist Video
For a Genesis game in 1992 graphics were incredible! All the character sprites are well-detailed, large, and animate well. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist contains two graphical styles: anime and comic. The choice of graphics styles is not seen in any other Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Comic book mode essentially gives each turtle a slightly different skin colour, while anime mode has all turtles bright green.
All of the music tracks in this game are catchy, and well composed. Many of the music themes are inspired by the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon of the late 80's/early 90's. Sound effects are fairly solid, offering, a nice sound whenever your attacks connect. Every level features a different tune, better than the last. The turtles also have some dialogue in this game. They spit out some pretty amusing lines, and make all kinds of sound effects also.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist is side-scrolling, nonstop action adventure for one or two players has you fighting a large variety of ninja enemies, equipped with different weapons such as nunchuks, and spears, as well as several dangerous mini-bosses to fight as you battle your way to the final confrontation with Shredder.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the most popular games in the history, created after the animated series with the same name. I remember playing this game for a long time back when it was released, and it was always fun. There were a total of five stages and many of the characters in the animated series were featured in the video game. The soundtrack was also great and later on this was also acknowledged by the press. Stopping Shredder from his evil plans was one of my favorite virtual adventure ever.
There is a level - and area-select code. At the Konami screen, press:
(If you're not quick enough, the code will not work.)
Then, at the title screen press:
Then press Start. A screen will come up that will let you pick your level and area.
- Brutal Unleashed
- Cosmic Carnage
- Sailor Moon
- Samurai Shodown
- Virtua Fighter
- VR Troopers
- Yu Yu Hakusho - Sunset Fighters