Master of Orion 3 Download
PC compatible, P-100
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode
If ever there was a heavy-duty turn-based strategy game that had casual gamers running to their mums as soon as the first screen loaded up, the Master Of Orion series has got to be one of the most fearsome.
Staggering depth with ever-branching research trees and a turn-based combat system is bound to appeal to hardcore strategy gamers but will inevitably leave newcomers to the genre completely cold. While developers Quicksilver are the first to admit MOO3 has been designed first and foremost for existing fans of the series, MOO3 makes one or two concessions that are obviously intended to make life easier for those unfamiliar with the first two tides.
A fairly comprehensive tutorial will guide players through the initial screens, teaching them how to use the many tools at their disposal to quickly find the information they need in order to progress through the game. The interface too has been given something of an overhaul, and Quicksilver says you can get to anywhere you need to be in the game with just two clicks of a mouse button. If this is true it will be a first for games of this type, which normally do their utmost to hide die information you need behind a plethora of screens. These are inevitably followed by dozens more sub-screens, all apparently intent on wasting your time instead of helping you get on with the game. However, the biggest change in MOO3 is not related to the interface, nor is it a matter of aesthetics. It's an altogether more radical change, and one we feel will make or break the game upon its release...
Macromanagement. What the hell is that, you may well ask. It's rather simple. The micromanagement that featured heavily in the first two games and tasked you with managing every detail of your planets, ships, and economy etc, has been replaced with planetary leaders who'll deal with the minutae of your operation while you get on with putting the big picture together. Each planet will have one of these leaders who'll manage everything for you to the best of their abilities, but those of you who love tinkering will still be able to interject if you feel your leaders are not up to the task.
The addition of real-time (albeit slow and tactical) combat will further open up the series to new initiates when it's released early next year. We will of course be there to give you the full lowdown as soon as we get our hands on review code.
Master of Orion 3 Screenshots
- Age of Empires Download
- Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings Download
- Age of Mythology Download
- Baldies Download
- Civilization III Download
- Civilization III Game of the Year Download
- Civilization: Call to Power Download
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Download
- Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty Download
- Cossacks: European Wars Download
- Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars Download
- Dark Reign: The Future of War Download
- Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive Download
- Dune Download
- Dune 2: The Battle for Arrakis Download
- Dune 2000 Download
- Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Download
- Seven Kingdoms Download
- Shattered Galaxy Download
- Star Control 3 Download
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Download
- Star Wars: Rebellion Download
- StarCraft Download
- Syndicate Wars Download
- Total Annihilation: Kingdoms Download
- Ultima Online Download
- WarCraft: Orcs & Humans Download
- Warcraft 2 Download
- WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness Download
- Warhammer: Dark Omen Download
- Warzone 2100 Download