Magic & Mayhem Download
PC compatible, P-100
Systems: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game features:Single game mode
Mythos Games were arguably the first developers to make turn-based games trendy when they released the first episode in the X-COM series. Their latest title is something of a departure for them, then - a fantasy-based real-time strategy game which draws its inspiration from popular mythology. Magic And Mayhem is also the first game from Mythos to use high-end, 16-bit colour graphics (it's certainly a far cry from the simplistic and sometimes crude graphics evident in the X-COM series), although the familiar isometric view and use of sprites -which have become something of a hallmark for Mythos games on the PC -have thankfully been retained.
The game follows the exploits of a young wizard who inherits his crazy uncle's citadel. Foolishly thinking that he has the ability to create all manner of interesting things through the use of magic (which runs in the family), he promptly conducts a few experiments of his own. It all goes predictably wrong, of course, and he finds himself lost in an alternative reality with no obvious way home. The bad news is that the unfortunate wizard in question is played by you. The good news is that you get a book of magic and an ornate box which will convert mana into powerful spells.
The game environment will allegedly be large and varied, with three realms to explore: Celtic, Greek and Medieval. Mythos assure us that each realm will feature historically accurate mythology, architecture, and even flora and fauna. A realistic environment, then, which should set a suitable backdrop for the magical battles which will inevitably ensue as you travel the realms conjuring up all types of horrible, nasty things to foil enemy wizards (who will no doubt be doing exactly the same thing back to you). The key to success in each region is the acquisition of power points, which increase each wizard's mana according to how many power points they own. This will bring a strong strategic element to the proceedings, as you will have to balance your time between acquiring new power points to make them stronger, while at the same time defending the areas you already control.
Multi-play options include standard network play and support for up to 36 players on the Internet at any one time. Mythos claim that their unique blend of broad-band strategic play and narrow- band tactical combat will make Magic And Mayhem one of the most playable Internet games ever.
With the early version of Magic And Mayhem we saw already looking pretty hot, the safe money is on Mythos adding another impressive title to their illustrious back catalogue.
Magic & Mayhem Screenshots
- Age of Empires Download
- Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings Download
- Age of Mythology Download
- Baldies Download
- Civilization III Download
- Civilization III Game of the Year Download
- Civilization: Call to Power Download
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Download
- Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty Download
- Cossacks: European Wars Download
- Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars Download
- Dark Reign: The Future of War Download
- Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive Download
- Dune Download
- Dune 2: The Battle for Arrakis Download
- Dune 2000 Download
- Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds Download
- Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns Download
- Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Download
- Seven Kingdoms Download
- Shattered Galaxy Download
- Shogun: Total War Download
- Star Control 3 Download
- Star Trek: New Worlds Download
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Download
- Star Wars: Rebellion Download
- StarCraft Download
- Syndicate Wars Download
- Total Annihilation: Kingdoms Download
- Ultima Online Download
- WarCraft: Orcs & Humans Download
- Warcraft 2 Download
- WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness Download
- Warhammer: Dark Omen Download
- Warzone 2100 Download