Left 4 Dead Free Download
It might just blow your mind to know that Left 4 Dead was first released over 10 years ago! This is a game that was a huge hit for Valve when it was released and many thought that it would be the start of a long-running franchise. Well while that may not have happened, one thing we do know is that Left 4 Dead is one of the most fun co-op shooters around.
Meet the Team
Left 4 Dead gas four playable characters. There is Zoey who is your average university student. Bill who is a veteran from the Vietnam war. A rough and tough biker called Francis and Louis who worked as an accountant. These are four very different people who probably in normal circumstances would have had very little to do with each other. The fact that the country has gone to hell and there is a zombie apocalypse going on means that they have found each other and have to rely on each other to survive. There is not a traditional campaign in Left 4 Dead, but the characters to talk to each other and this helps flesh them out and also fill in what is going on in regards to the story.
A Clever Way of Splitting Up the Story
One thing that I have always gotten a kick out of in regards to Left 4 Dead is the way that it handles the maps. The game has four different stories and these each has five maps in them. What is cool is that each of the stories is its own theme and it is kind of set up like its own episode of a TV show. There is No Mercy which is set in a town. Death Toll which has a lot of variety as there is a riverboat, church and a highway. Dead Air that features locations like a greenhouse and an airport. Last of all is Blood Harvest which is my personal favorite. This one takes place in a creepy forest. These are the four base stories that you play through, but more were added as DLC.
Survive Together, Die Alone
Left 4 Dead is a really fun game to play and this is a game that was made for people to play together. Sure, you can play on your own with bots, but it loses what makes it special. The goal of each of the areas is the same to make it to the next safe zone. In order to do this though you have to go through tons of the undead. You can try and run off on your own and survive, but this is a disaster, there is strength in numbers so stick together and watch each other’s backs!
At the time it was released the AI that was in Left 4 Dead was pretty revolutionary. It was known as The Director and this tailored the game to your skill level. The Director would change things if it felt you were having to easy of a time and no matter how many times you play the game, you never know what zombies are going to be waiting for you. It helped keep each playthrough different and also keep you on your toes.
Living Dead Girl
The different zombies that Left 4 Dead has are awesome. You, of course, have your cannon fodder run of the mill zombies. These are easily disposed of, but in great numbers, they can cause you a lot of trouble. Left 4 Dead is famous for having “special zombies” and these are quite spectacular. There is The Hunter, The Witch, The Smoker, The Tank, and The Boomer. They all have their own look and abilities and they can take a long time to kill. You guys really have to work together to take one of these down, especially if there is a couple of them or if they have back up from a load of other zombies.
If you ask me, Left 4 Dead should be regarded as a classic. It looks great, has a lot of action, the character chatter gives it a ton of personality and it is a lot of fun to play. Even ten years later, Left 4 Dead still holds up and the only reason I have not given it a higher score is that I feel Left 4 Dead 2 is the better game.
- The game is a blast to play
- It really encourages you to work with your friends
- The Director is very clever
- The different special zombies are really cool
- It changes the zombies each time you play
- It can be brutally tough sometimes
- As good as this is, Left 4 Dead 2 is better
Processor: PC compatible, P-100
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode
Left 4 Dead Screenshots
- Dead Island Free Download
- Dead Island 2 Free Download
- Dead Island: Epidemic Free Download
- Dead Island: Riptide Free Download
- Dead Island: Survivors - Zombie Tower Defense Free Download
- Dead Rising Free Download
- Dead Rising 2 Free Download
- Dead Rising 3 Free Download
- Dead Rising 4 Free Download
- Dying Light Free Download
- Dying Light 2 Free Download
- Dying Light: The Following Free Download
- Killing Floor Free Download
- Killing Floor 2 Free Download
- Left 4 Dead 2 Free Download
- Resident Evil 0 Free Download
- Resident Evil 2 Free Download
- Resident Evil 4 Free Download
- Resident Evil 5 Free Download
- Resident Evil 6 Free Download
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Free Download
- Resident Evil: Code: Veronica Free Download
- State of Decay Free Download
- State of Decay 2 Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Michonne Free Download
- The Walking Dead Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Season Two Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Season Three Free Download
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Free Download
- Zombie Shooter Free Download
- Zombie Shooter 2 Free Download