State of Decay Free Download
First released in 2013, State of Decay is one of the more interesting games to be set during a zombie apocalypse. Right from the off, you can tell that State of Decay is a game that is all about survival. While it may not blow you away with its less than amazing visuals, State of Decay is certainly a game that once it gets its grubby zombie hands on you will not let go.
Do What You Can to Survive
One of the things that make State of Decay quite a refreshing experience is the fact that they did not try and force multiplayer on you. This is very much a single player game and I actually really do like that about the game. The story of the game is that there is a zombie outbreak and you start off by playing as someone called, Marcus, but many other characters come into play. The area you are in is pretty much devastated thanks to the zombie attacks and you find out that as well as the zombies the army who you think is there to help is not exactly doing what they can to make sure that you survive. The story is not super in depth, but I think it does enough to keep you going.
This Is YOUR Zombie Apocalypse
State of Decay is the kind of game that has a lot going on. You, of course, want to survive, but to do this you have to make many decisions. You need to set up homes, bases, outposts and so on. Each of which can be upgraded, you need to help other people, manage them, gather supplies and so on. Each time you venture out into the wild you will come across some kind of choice a choice that you really do now know how it will affect you until you make it. For example, if you come across some more survivors, you can help them and bring them home. That is more people to help out, but it is also more mouths to feed and also potentially more people who are going to get moody. That is right, you have to pay attention to characters moods. When you go out and come across a building you always think “what if there are some good supplies in there?” But there is a bit of a risk and reward thing going on as usually when there is something good to be had, the undead is not far behind.
Get These Zombies Off Me!
I really like the way that State of Decay handles the zombies. These are not your slow shuffling Walking Dead style zombies. They are more like the zombies from the remake of Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later. They are alerted to noise and if they hear you, you better be ready because they can turn into a swarm really fast. The combat is really fun and there is a nice selection of melee weapons and firearms for you to make use of. If you are into upgrading and making weapons better you can do that here. I love how brutal the melee weapons in State of Decay are, there is just something so satisfying about smacking around a zombie.
A Little Rough Around the Edges
State of Decay is a great game if you like zombie survival games, but you will have to look past a few issues. These are not game breaking by any means, but they are there. First of all, is the presentation, State of Decay even when it was first released was not regarded as a great looking game and it looks even rougher now. That though does not affect the fun factor! What may though is how the framerate and the controls can be a little clunky from time to time. This does not spoil the game for me, but it is certainly something that may for some people.
I really liked what they did with the original State of Decay and they actually released a more updated version for PC just a few years back so I would say that is the one to get. While I like multiplayer games, I do like how this is just all about you and your experience in the zombie apocalypse. It may be a little slow and as I said, a little rough around the edges. However, if you like things like The Walking Dead and Dawn of the Dead, you will have fun with State of Decay.
- A large open world to explore
- The story is better than many give it credit for
- Lots of characters to experience
- The different weapons are fun to discover and use
- You always feel like what you are doing could be wrong, but you do it anyway
- The game is not very easy on the eyes
- There are a few control issues here and there
Processor: PC compatible, P-100
OS: Windows 9x, Windows 2000 Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.
Game Features:Single game mode
State of Decay Screenshots
- Dead Island 2 Free Download
- Dead Island: Epidemic Free Download
- Dead Island: Riptide Free Download
- Dead Island: Survivors - Zombie Tower Defense Free Download
- Dead Rising Free Download
- Dead Rising 2 Free Download
- Dead Rising 3 Free Download
- Dead Rising 4 Free Download
- Dying Light Free Download
- Dying Light 2 Free Download
- Dying Light: The Following Free Download
- Killing Floor Free Download
- Killing Floor 2 Free Download
- Killing Floor: Incursion Free Download
- Left 4 Dead Free Download
- Left 4 Dead 2 Free Download
- Resident Evil 0 Free Download
- Resident Evil 2 Free Download
- Resident Evil 4 Free Download
- Resident Evil 5 Free Download
- Resident Evil 6 Free Download
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Free Download
- Resident Evil: Code: Veronica Free Download
- State of Decay 2 Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Michonne Free Download
- The Walking Dead Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Season Two Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Season Three Free Download
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Free Download
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Free Download
- Zombie Shooter Free Download